Skip to content

Being in care

Being in care means that adults who work for Children's Social Care at City of York Council, are ready to look after you. They will help you with your immigration application, finding you a safe home, getting you to a doctor if you need one, finding you a school or college where you can learn English and providing you with other things you may need.

The main adults you will see regularly are your Social Worker and your Foster Carer (or Key Worker if you live in a semi-independent home).

Your Social Worker will be able to talk to you about where you live and why this decision was made. Sometimes young people will live outside of York. If this happens, York's Children's Social Care is still responsible for you and your care.